A selection of high-end Maldives resorts earned the highest ratings in the recently-released annual Forbes Travel Guide.
Based on an assessment of the quality of service, facilities and amenities, five stars were awarded to 13 properties in the Maldives. Six resorts earned four stars whilst three resorts received the recommended rating.
Joali Being, Patina Maldives, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives and Soneva Jani appeared on the list for the first time.
Outstanding, often iconic properties with virtually flawless service and amazing facilities:
- Cheval Blanc Randheli
- Four Seasons Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- Joali Being
- Joali Maldives
- Kudadoo Maldives Private Island
- One&Only Reethi Rah
- Patina Maldives, Fari Islands
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- Soneva Jani
- The St.Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- Velaa Private Island
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Exceptional properties, offering high levels of service and quality of facility to match:
- Amilla Maldives Resort & Residences
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives
Excellent properties with consistently good service and facilities:
- Ananatara Kihavah Maldives Villas
- Six Senses Laamu
- Taj Coral Reef Resort & Spa Maldives
The Forbes Travel Guide is the only global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas. The list is compiled after anonymous professional inspectors evaluate properties based on hundreds of exacting standards, with an emphasis on exceptional service, to help discerning travellers select the world’s best experiences.
A Five-Star, Four-Star or Recommended rating is awarded through an independent inspection process. Approximately 70% of a property’s rating is determined by its service, while 30% is determined by the standard and state of amenities and facilities.
The 65th annual list includes 360 five-star, 585 four-star and 433 recommended hotels; 79 five-star, 113 four-star and 67 recommended restaurants; and 119 five-star and 195 four-star spas globally. It features 48 new five-star hotels, 64 new four-star hotels and 45 new recommended properties. This year, the list includes the first-ever ocean cruise ratings. Click here for the full list of winners.